DENTIST - TWIN FALLS, ID
The dentist is always looking for ways to make your experience more comfortable and more convenient. Laser dentistry can do both of these, making it one of the most exciting new advances in dentistry. Ask the dentist how lasers can help you get a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
What is laser dentistry?
Traditional dentistry uses metal instruments and rotary tools on teeth and gums. Dental lasers use special, highly focused beams of light to perform procedures on teeth and gums, sometimes accompanied by water or air suction to keep the area clean and cool. The dentist has been specifically trained to use these lasers to perform dental procedures, often making the experience more comfortable for the patient, with fewer visits and less recovery time.
What are the advantages of laser dentistry?
Advantages of laser dentistry include the following:
- There is often no need to use a drill for repairing tooth decay and placing a filling
- Laser dentistry can often be performed without anesthesia, so you may not even need a needle
- Gums surgery can be performed quickly, with less appointments, fast healing and no needles
- Lasers can increase the strength of dental fillings and bonding
- Post operative sensitivity can be reduced
- Lasers can be used to thoroughly disinfect teeth and soft tissue
- Children can be treated without drills and needles
- Less pain and rapid healing for many procedures
Is laser dentistry right for me? What procedures can it do?
The dentist can explain how the lasers work and which procedures they are appropriate for in your circumstances. Lasers are often used to assist in the following procedures:
- Most filling creation and replacements
- Gum surgery, including gingevectomy to correct a gummy smile and procedures to heal gum disease
- Root canals
- Removal of oral lesions
- Some biopsies in the mouth
- Dentistry for children
- Treat cold sores and mouth ulcers
- Harden dental bonding and fillings
- Certain in-office whitening procedures
Is laser dentistry safe?
Laser dentistry is extremely safe and has been approved by the American Dental Association for many dental procedures.