Did you make a New Year’s resolution this year? Studies suggest that nearly half of all resolutions have to do with becoming healthier. Instead of spending hours on the treadmill or sticking to a salad-only diet, why not start improving your life by changing your smile? Seeing your dentist for cosmetic dental treatment is a quick and effective way to become a healthier you. Whether you have discolored, chipped, or crooked teeth, you can greet the New Year with a brand-new smile!
How a Beautiful Smile Can Change Your Life
Enhancing your smile does so much more than boost your appearance. Studies show that a beautiful smile can influence many areas of your life, including your:
- Health: Studies show that when you invest in bettering your teeth, you’re more enthusiastic about taking care of them. Not to mention that straighter teeth are easier to clean and fixing chipped or cracked teeth protects against infection.
- Confidence: When you have a smile that you’re proud to show off, you’ll naturally start to feel happier, more relaxed, and more confident. That’s because smiling triggers the release of feel-good chemicals like serotonin and dopamine.
- Social perception. For about half of Americans, a person’s smile is their most memorable feature when making a first impression. If you have a dazzling smile, research shows that people will likely see you as healthier, more approachable, and more attractive.
- Career development. A confident smile can make you appear competent and trustworthy, setting you apart from the competition in a job interview or helping you get that promotion you want. Smiling has even been shown to increase productivity in the workplace.
How to Get the Smile You’ve Always Wanted
So what don’t you like about your teeth? Here are some of the most popular cosmetic treatments that can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted:
- Teeth whitening: If you consume a lot of coffee, soda, or other stain-inducing beverage or food, you may struggle with discolored teeth. Teeth whitening is a fast and affordable service that can give you a dramatically whiter smile in as little as one appointment.
- Porcelain veneers: These thin, durable shells of beautiful white porcelain can be permanently attached to the front of a tooth to completely change its appearance. Teeth that are cracked, chipped, or misshapen can be masked with a flawless, functional smile that lasts for years.
- Invisalign: Straightening your teeth makes them easier to clean, which reduces your risk of cavities and gum disease. And with clear braces like Invisalign, you can straighten your smile without awkward, uncomfortable metal wires and brackets interrupting your life.
No two smiles are the same, so see your cosmetic dentist for a “smile makeover” consultation. They can help you choose the services that are right for you and design a personalized plan for reaching your ideal smile!